sábado, 28 de junho de 2008

Don´t Lie: Black Eyed Peas

This song, by the Black Eyed peas is very good to open a discussion about lying. I have found the subject and song particularly good for teenagers


Lying

Match the phrases together

1. Learn a) fibs

2. Sorry b)lies

3. Forge c) a signature

4.The truth d)lies

5.Feel e)for

6.Nose f) comes out

7. Tell a g)lesson

8.Tell h)like a fool

9.A book of i)for (doing)


Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry
Hey, baby ___________________
I noticed it be growing when I been ______ them _____
Now you say your trust's getting weaker
Probably coz my lies just started getting deeper
And the reason for my confession is that I ______ my _____
And I really think you ought to know the truth
Because I lied and I cheated and I lied a little more
But after I did it I don't know what I did it for
I admit that I have been a little immature
*&%&$ with your heart like I was the predator
In my book of lies I was the editor and the author
I ______ my ______ and now I _______ ____ what I did to you
Cos what you did to me I did to you

No,no, no, no baby, no, no, no, no don't lie

No, no, no, no, yeah, you know, know, know, know, you gotta try
What you gonna do when it all ______ _____

When I really see you & what you're all about
No, no, no baby, no, no, no, no don't lie
Yeah, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you gotta try

She said I'm leaving cos she can't take the pain
It's hard to continue this love it ain't the same
Can't forget the things that I've done inside her brain
Too many lies committed too many games
She _____________ getting on the last train
Trying to maintain but the feeling won't change
I'm sorry for the things that I've done and what I became
Caught up in living my life in the fast lane
Blinded by lights, cameras, you know the fame
I don't know the reason why I did these things
And I lie and I lie and I lie and I lie and now our emotions are drained (x2)
[Chorus]

[TABOO]
Yo, I'm lying to my girl even though I love her
And she all in my world I give her all my attention and diamonds & pearls
She's the one who makes me feel on top of the world
Still I lie to my girl, I do it

Questions

Use the language in the second part of the some and with your partner imagine you are the girls.

Explain to the man why you are leaving and how you feel

Answers


Nose is getting big

Tell fibs

A book of lies

Forge a signature

Tell lies

Apologize for

The truth comes out

Learn a lesson

Feel like a fool

Sorry for (doing)

Nenhum comentário: