sexta-feira, 27 de junho de 2008

The Beatles: When I´m 64

This is the first simple exercise for a song which is easy on the ears. I bit different than the normal gap-fill. The song may be well known to many students and good for introducing or discussing the process adding a few more years to your life.

Because of this and depending on the level you might like to try and fill in the correct work from the 3 options first, before playing the song

There are questions at the end to discuss getting old. Notice the use of get here which can be used for teaching lexis "lose my hair/my hearing/teeth, do the garden, stay at home, go for a ride, look after the grandchildren, have more free time"

Copy this section below onto a page and give it to your students.. If I can find out of this blog allows attachments I´ll change this post at a later stage but for now highlight and copy to a word document.



When I'm Sixty Four (64) ~ The Beatles

When I get older losing my ______ sight/hair/teeth
Many years from now.
Will you still be sending me a card/cheque/valentine
Birthday ______ bottle of wine. greetings/messages/cards

If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you _____ the door, open/shut/lock
Will you still need me, will you still _____ me, feed/love/hug
When I'm sixty-four.

You'll be older too,
And if you say the word,
I could stay with you.

I could be _____, mending a fuse useful/handy/here
When your lights have ______. Done/gone/been
You can knit a _______ by the fireside cardigan/jumper/sweater
Sunday ________ go for a ride, morning/afternoon/evening

Doing the garden, ______ the weeds, planting/digging/killing
Who could ask for more.
Will you still need me, will you still _____ me, feed/love/hug
When I'm sixty-four.

Every summer we can ______ a cottage, hire/rent/buy
In the Isle of Wight, if it's not too ______ expensive/cheap/dear
We shall scrimp and ______ save/pay/eat
Grandchildren on your ____ lap/shoulder/knee
Vera ,Chuck & Dave

Send me a postcard, _____ me a line, send/drop/give
Stating point of view
Indicate _____ what you mean to say exactly/precisely/correctly
Yours ______, wasting away sincerely/with love/faithfully

Give me your answer, _____ in a form complete/fulfill/fill
Mine for evermore
Will you still need me, will you still _____ me, feed/love/hug
When I'm sixty-four.



Talk to your partner

1. Could this describe your life in the future?

2. What do you think will change when you get old

Nenhum comentário: